Tuesday, March 20, 2007

New update + news article

I had the pleasure of visiting the Foulger family this past weekend. Although my visit was very brief I was absolutely amazed at the progress I noticed in Natalie. I can honestly say that Nat is starting to look and act like Nat again. The rate of her progress amazes everyone but this weekend really shocked me.

Natalie's comprehension levels have vastly improved thanks to the family as well as therapy staff at Saint Camillus. I was able to sit in a room with the family and have a conversation where Natalie was a contributer. I would ask Becca a question and Nat would chime in with "Why did you ask that" or something witty. She was also able to recall jokes she had heard days before without hesitation. This, of course, is a very big deal because she had been having such trouble with her short term memory. Her alertness was remarkable. The family would ask her to repeat long complex sentences which she was able to do with ease. This weekend really re-opened my eyes to Natalie's excellent progress.

Along with this wonderful news comes another article from Norah Machia of the Watertown Daily Times!

Thank you all for continuing to support Natalie and the family through the rehabilitation period!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike! Keep up the great work Nat =)

Anonymous said...

Nat - keep it up! I think about you everyday!

Mike - thanks for the update!

Julie Schnepp
Daemen College

Anonymous said...

PTFL
Bichael Muffalino is my home boy

one love,
Al

Kerri McKee said...

May the sun continue to shine on you all! You all continue to be in my thoughts.

Anonymous said...

Nat I'm so glad to hear of your progress. Keep up the hard work. I think about you everyday and you are in my continued prayers. You are going to have to tell me one of these jokes I hear about about sometime soon. My thoughts are with you all. Thanks for the update Mike!
Love always,
Jess Weise

Anonymous said...

Nat,
I am all smiles when I read these bolgs and see just how far you have come. Continue to shine and keep up the amazing progress.

Love,
Becca Laisdell
2004

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this update Mike! Nat- Your doing awesome you keep up the good work hun, I still think about you and pray for you and your family everyday!!!! :o)
XOXO
-Ashley Kenealy

Anonymous said...

From another dry Hill neighbor, I first apoligize for this being the first time that i've written. I havn't been home in a while, So I havn't been in the loop about this until recently when I noticed this site. Wow! What can be said that hasn't been said, does that even matter...it's not an originality contest on this right! Nat, you've always been a very very very strong girl. Who else could pull through like this. I'm happy for you, as happy as a person could be during something like this..not something to really be happy about. But...you know, happy for the progress. Shocked and amazed still. We were School Bus Buddies. You were always a fighter. Your whole life...you always kept fighting with all you had. Looks like when something horrible happens...your fight still keeps on inside of you.

Very Best of wishes in the recovery process. Kick butt Nat!

Patrick McAnulty

Anonymous said...

Awesome news! I am so happy for you nat! Only the strong survive and you are very strong and determined to not let anything stop you.....hope we can meet someday!

chelsey miller

Anonymous said...

We continue to be amazed and most of all, thankful and grateful for Natalie's progress. This blog has been a wonderful tool to let us all keep in touch with her progress but without getting in the way or being intrusive. Thanks! Please, again, let us know if you need anything taken care of or if we can help at all. The Denise Natali family Dry Hill Rd.

Anonymous said...

Thankss everyone!

Nat

Anonymous said...

Nat,

No one asks to be a role model, but how you are choosing to live your life inspires us all. Sheer gutsy hard work!

Everyone at Wiley sends their good thoughts to you and your family. We never stop hoping for the best for you - and you never stop amazing us!

Anonymous said...

Hi Natalie,

We were so excited to see your message on the blog. You are truly an amazing young lady and an inspiration to everyone with your perseverence. Although we haven't called,(we figured that you and your family are busy enough), you are in our thoughts and prayers daily.
We wish you and your family a wonderful Easter.

Warm hugs to all,
Elizabeth, Terry, Heather and Neil Fralick

Anonymous said...

Nat-
im so amazed and excited by all of your accomplishments! Your doing great! Keep up the good work!
Your in my prayers
-Becky Stoughtenger