Friday, September 15, 2006

Foot Surgery

For those of you that haven't read Tina's comment on the message board, Natalie had to undergo surgery on her feet today. Her toes had curled downward as if one were to stand on their 'tippy toes'. Because of this surgeons had to cut her Achille's tendon to relieve the tension and correct the form of her feet. The surgery was led again by Dr. Simpson, the same surgeon who had performed her pelvic operation. The healing time for this type of procedure is similar to the time it will take Natalie's pelvis to heal (about 6 weeks). By the time her pelvis is ready to support her weight (not much to worry about!) her feet should be ready to guide her.

Natalie has been moved again, thanks to Dr. Simpson, to the 7th floor orthopedic wing where she will receive better care than the previous floor she was on. There are plans to move her to rehab once she has recovered from her latest surgery. Again, I will let you all know once the Foulger's have agreed upon a facility.

Thanks, all, for your compliments and please continue to leave comments for the Foulgers!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me so happy to hear of Nat's progress what a truly lovely determined young women she is!** I Love You Nat and I can't wait to see your smiling determined face! My prayers and thoughts on a speedy recovery and strength continue with you everyday!** To the Foulger family and Al I am thinking and praying for you all very much also! Continue your wonderful work of being such a great family/boyfriend!
P.S. Mike thank u for this blog once again....Great Job!
Lots of Love!
Ashley Kenealy
XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi I hope Natalie continues to improve. I was wondering, you mention that Tina posted on a message board? where would that be?
I have been following this site since the article was in the Watertown Daily Times. I have three daughters who also run cross country, one in college and 2 still in high school. My heart goes out to this family. I hope you all continue to draw strength from each other and from your friends and community. Thank you for keeping us up to date on Natalie's improvements. My friends daughter also attends Daemen college with Natalie and I believe they have shared some rides home from college and hung out a little. Her name is Nicole Bush. My oldest daughter Alexis Nuffer would have competed in High School against Natalie. They attend Beaver River. I will pray for Natalie's continued progress towards a complete recovery and keep you all in my thoughts.
Linda Nuffer

Anonymous said...

Tina, Marc, Rebecca, Kyle and Natalie just to let you know that Nan and my family are thinking of you every day. We cannot begin to imagine what you have been through - but hope that with all the good wishes and love that is surrounding you guys that it is some comfort in these distressing, trying times. We pray for good news each day and events seem to moving towards a positive outcome. We shall continue to hope for good news. You are one remarkable family. Say hi to Ann I am glad she is with you guys. Mum and my family send our love XX

Anonymous said...

All of us at Wiley School miss you, Tina. We're hoping and praying for Natalie's complete and swift recovery. The love and strength of your family and friends through this difficult journey has been amazing.

We believe in miracles!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of Natalie all the time and hoping and praying for her complete recovery. We follow the blog every day (many times a day, actually) for news, and thought it was time to add our words of support. Marc, Tina, Becca, Kyle, Al, Mike - you are really inspirational in your strength and dedication to seeing Natalie through this. Natalie, you're one well-loved girl!
Mary and Mike Kaskan