Monday, September 18, 2006

Today's update

Today, Natalie was moved into a larger room on the seventh floor. In solution to her nutrition problem, Doctors re-inserted a PICC line into her chest and are feeding her through a process known as Total Parenteral Nutrition or TPN for short. The PICC line will remain as Natalie's food supplier for about six weeks. Nurses are saying that this setback will delay her move to rehab but have not disclosed how long. I will most definitely update the blog once this is known.

As for the comment about the laundry, meals, and hotel expenses:
No one person is orchestrating the services. Laundry has been done by Alyssa's family and the Cavaliers among others. Meals have been provided by many including Al's mother and godparents and Michelle of the Vision Center to name a few. And the hotel expenses were assumed by Al's mother, my mother, and I believe the Hartwick Lacrosse team as well. If I am leaving anybody out I sincerely apologize, it is just that there are so many of you kind, helpful people lending a hand that it is impossible for me to remember you all!

I would like to take a brief moment to thank you all again on behalf of the Foulgers for making these difficult times a little less worrisome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

An extra special thanks also to all the nights in the hotel donated by many,many of our friends from Watertown and surrounding areas. To not have to worry about accommodations is a huge burden released from us. The consistency of our home away from home in our cozy room at the sheraton is a haven of tranquility in the chaos. thanks again to everyone. Mike you are awesome!
Tina

Anonymous said...

Mike,

Thank you for providing me the information about meals, laundry service and hotel accommodations. I have made contact to Alex's mom and hope to be able to provide some support.

Thanks again for all you do!
Mrs. Strough
SJCS Class of 2004

Anonymous said...

Natalie: I know this is a small set back for you but stay strong. I believe you know in your heart we are all here for you and are holding you close to our hearts, but the toughest part is on you. I am only one of many believers that know you can do this...

Mike...again thanks for the wonderful job you do.
Foulger Family...again, we are here for you if you need us to do anything. The Peebles/Naklick Family